RS MEANS Square Foot Costs Book 2017
This easy-to-use guide gives you the building components required to develop accurate assemblies-level cost estimates, evaluate trade-off costs and verify unit price estimates. Be prepared to estimate any job with this indispensable cost reference. An accurate estimate of costs to build your particular project depends on location, project scope, specific components used and current market conditions.
Using this guide, you can:
- Make better-informed decisions
- Weigh the options – price and evaluate assemblies alternatives
- Check the validity of unit price estimates or subcontractor proposals
- Perform quick square foot cost estimates
- Create a conceptual estimate without construction plans
What you’ll find inside:
- Thousands of unit prices not found in any other RSMeans book
- Plumbing assembly pages for baths, kitchen sinks, lavatories, service sinks, showers, urinals, water coolers and water closets
- Building assemblies and square foot cost sections
- Reference section with more than 90 reference tables, estimating aids and technical data
- City Cost Indexes for over 930 locations in the U.S. and selected locations in Canada
- Updated models focusing on those most commonly used by you, our customers
- Complete review of all components and systems used in models
- Square foot costs for site development work located in the assemblies portion of this book
Today’s book is totally different from past editions. Old models cannot be compared to the new ones for 26 of our most commonly used models. In 2017 component reviews and updates were made to standard and green models. Continuing the major updates from 2016 you’ll find more framing options across the model types. On top of which, assemblies have been changed in nearly every section, and many more framing and exterior wall types have been added. The interiors section has been streamlined the as well, modernized to be better utilized better for market research to drive what has been included in cost.
By basing our models on industry supplied guidelines and data, this book enables you to create cost models that will more accurately reflect the buildings you’re designing and constructing daily.