RS MEANS Residential Cost Data Book 2017
Residential Costs is completely updated and organizes every aspect of residential construction pricing into 4 major estimating sections:
- Square Foot Costs – Over 30 reliable square foot cost models for popular types of residential construction in a simple-to-use format
- Assemblies Costs – 100 commonly used residential construction systems with a wide variety of alternative specifications and prices
- Unit Costs – Residential unit costs covering more than 9,000 items
- Location Factors – Over 930 U.S. zip codes and selected locations in Canada to adjust material and labor costs
This allows easy-to-use, reliable price information for adjusters, architects, contractors, developers, finance professionals and project managers.
According to the United States Census, both single family home starts and total starts of new housing units are showing overall growth. On top of which, products that protect the environment and conserve resources continue to be popular amongst today’s home buyers.
What you’ll find inside:
- More than 12,000 completely updated unit cost line items and 4,000 assemblies for residential building components
- Reference section with more than 90 reference tables, estimating aids and technical data
- City Cost Indexes for over 930 locations in the U.S. and selected locations in Canada
- Square foot models have been extensively examined and reworked providing more than 25 square foot cost models
- Updated pricing on materials such as brick, block, framing lumber, plywood, doors, windows and gypsum wallboard.